Wow. It's been one hell-of-a weekend. And by "hell" I mean "good." Ah, and just think - the weekend isn't even over yet!
Saturday: I had the pleasure of finally meeting Cinque Hicks, the new arts writer for Creative Loafing. It was at the latest MINT opening - a pretty interesting show of various artists from the SCAD community. Too bad MINT can still only manage one-night shows... (The logistics are difficult; nonprofits have limited resources.) We all need a little work on our attendance...
I'm pretty psyched about seeing their second mix tape show later this summer. Last year was a blast.
Mixed tapes are awesome, although these days no one really wants to put forth the effort. Digital playlists - the effortless, modern equivalent of the mix tape - will have to suffice. If my blog had a soundtrack, for instance, it might sound a little like this:
Ghostmap.DanceParty - Vol. I...1. *
2. Justice - Phantom Pt. II (video)
3. Deltron 3030 - Memory Loss (excellent lyrics; just click "read more.")
4. Wax Taylor - Am I Free? (short version)
5. Hope for Agoldensummer - Heart of Art
6. Misfits - Crimson Ghost
Have any rockin' playlists? I'm willing to trade for good ones...
* I'm holding back the first track, also known as "Ghostmap Themesong 2008." It's a surprise... I'm sure you'll like it. ; )