Thursday, August 27, 2009

I just realized that

I missed the Bacon show at the MET. It closed Aug. 16, and, now, my soul feels sad. Some locals here recently told me it was grand, a one-of-a-kind experience, despite the fact they don't consider themselves Francis Bacon fans. I wanted to see it, but a random trip to NY just isn't in the cards for me right now. I think I would've visited multiple times, even though Mr. Critic Contrary lacks my enthusiasm. Actually, I'm certain I would have, in between visiting P.S.1 and the Cloisters, two spots I missed the fist time around.

I've only visited NY one time, and hated it. It made my soul sad. Was I wrong? Did I just miss out? And there are so many other places; they say I should go to Art Basel; they say I should go to Chicago, and San Francisco, and

blurgh.

*

No comments: